Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Financial Review

So to change it up a bit...

Yesterday I posted our New Years financial update. And oh, how excited I was. But alas, I have had a verse on my heart for several weeks. and I was certain I knew it was that we were to reach our goal early. And I still feel that that goal is attainable.

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And wow, were we finally headed to the prosperous road. Oh wait, what was I thinking. Yes, I was thinking, not praying, not asking, not seeking Him. I was going my way full steam and ready to cross the finish line with gusto.

Yesterday afternoon the Lord grabbed our family by the reins and said WHOA, what about me, am I involved at all anymore? My sweet prince was released from current career. Ouch! that was not in My plan. How in the world are we to reach that finish line now. My thoughts were in a tailspin most of the afternoon and evening. Until I reached home and my sweet greeted me at the door with the warmest embrace and the same verse wispered in my ear. Oh, yeah I thought, I'm okay, I'm in the Lord's hands and I know he has a great plan for us.

So as an addendum to yesterday's blog. I have no idea when we will reach our financial goals. But, I do know the Lord has great things in store for me and my family. And I am again excited to see what will happen in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment