Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wow What a Glorious Day!

Today started off with a glorious gift from God. New fallen snow it Texas. What a wonderful site.

Then, during my quiet time I was delightfully astounded. To quote the passage from my bible study:
The book of John
"... The Father draws men to Jesus. These men are God's gift to His Son; Jesus receives those who come in this way (6: 37). He also keeps those who come to Him (10: 28). He regenerates them with a quality of life that will be consummated at the glorious future day of resurrection (6:40)"

So my sweet savior receives me as a precious gift from his father. He loves me so much that he cares for me and molds me into something even better than what he received. He keeps me and cares for me until he is ready to present me to his father again. The picture that I received was something similar to the Father that gives his son a beat up old pick up truck. Together they work on that old truck and the finished product is nothing short of spectacular. That is how Jesus sees little ol' me? I am the "beater truck". But with time, pain staking care and love He molds me into something that would fit on a showroom floor any day. WOW!!!

So how well do I treat the treasures Christ has given me? Do I cherish my relationships to this degree? Do I value the provisions and luxuries I have been granted? Or do I treat them with little regard; as an object to be used?


So to go a little further into my thoughts. It has been put on my heart the desire to "opt out" of the cultural Christmas extravaganza. Instead my hearts desire is to sit quietly in contemplation and see the work of my gracious Father. Who, on one starry night changed the course of the world as we know it. He came down to earth to experience our lives. On top of that, in all his infinite wisdom and power he gave his life for me, so that I may know him.

Well, needless to say, I feel overwhelmed today. I look forward to what the this season will bring.


So to put start the ball rolling with this goal. Friday our family has the opportunity to serve in our church together. I can't wait. I'm very excited to see my children working along side other believers in Christ as we are His hands and feet. I pray they see the power and love of Christ as they are surrounded by "grown ups" that are living and breathing examples of Christ. It's one thing for mom and dad to explain and demonstrate service. It's a completely different perspective to see others actually demonstrating the principles mom and dad explained. I thank all of our friends and church family for the opportunity in advance, and I truly can't wait to see how the Lord will work this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment