Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge


So we are on week 3 of the Pantry Challenge. Let me tell you, it's been an adventure to say the least.

One of my coworkers gifted me with a bread machine this week. What a blessing. I've been borrowing my sisters for some time, but the chance to have 2 working at once for a weekend was a huge bonus. So Sunday afternoon I made up several batches of bread for the week.

My hubby and I hit the grocery store and we will be just over budget this week. URGH, but it's all okay. I'm still down overall and as I look back at what we have eaten, we are eating home more, it's healthier and less expensive overall. So there are some very definite benefits.


We spent 48.66. We still have Kroger to go and should be around $15.

So our menu this week will be:

Breakfast:
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Bacon Egg Muffins
Cinnamon rolls

Lunch:
rotation of sandwiches (bologna, ham, grilled cheese)
leftovers
Dinner:
Meatloaf, corn and rolls
Steak, baked potatoes
Spaghetti, frozen veggie, French bread (still looking for a good recipe for this bread)
Calzones
Beef stir fry over rice
BBQ chicken, potato salad
Grilled chicken breast, salad and rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment