Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge Final Results



YEAH!! we made it. We survived one month in our pantry. We actually opted not to go to the grocery store at all last week. And one week's trip to Kroger didn't happen.So the final results of our challenge:
We only spent 111.66 for the month. Can you believe it!!! I am so shocked, and very, VERY proud of my prince. He did most of the leg work and kept me encouraged and excited the whole month. What a guy!!

I will admit I think we may be keeping these goals from now on. I do know we are in desperate need of a BIG shopping trip to restock some staples. But even that I don't foresee as being a huge trip. I'm predicting around $100 total, but my goal is to cut that in half as well.
I was also very surprised to see that we actually ate healthier meals this month than our usual fare. I think one of the biggest things that we need to change is the frequency of our trips. I'm going to try to plan this weeks menu for 2 weeks and see how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment