Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Parenting Antics and Perspective

The Lord has blessed me with two wonderful gifts from above. I know, everyone says that but really, I have the two perfect kids for me. As I grow up, yes I am still growing, I am learning the value of God's gifts in my life. My children are one great example.

Since coming to Christ my husband and I have found ourselves with a huge desire to love children, other than our own. If you asked me as a youngster or teen, I would have vehemently told you, you were out of your mind. My dream was to be a successful doctor, and children were no where in that picture. Especially not my own. But, oh how the Lord softens our hearts and changes our perspective. It's absolutely amazing how he works in each of our lives individually. I can't imagine life without my children.

So one lesson I have learned; God game me the perfect children for me. No matter how "perfect" a child may seem they are human and have flaws too. We have recently had the opportunity to watch several different children in recent weeks. All for various reasons and lengths of time. And oh, how thankful I am for my own children. Don't get me wrong, every child we have watched has been an absolute angel. But I have learned that each child is raised for their parents alone, silly quirks and all. One sweet friend has Mysophobia, fear of germs. So her sweet darling is addicted to hand sanitizer. I think we have a bottle of the stuff tucked away somewhere in a back cabinet. Another has computer savvy parents, so we were informed of all of our technological shortcomings. And a third is parents to a hairdresser. So in case anyone was wondering, I have several grey hairs that need tending to. Each child, although absolute darlings and wonderful joys to care for, have their own quirks. I also know that my children are absolute slobs around everyone else. They also speak their minds rather bluntly, really I wonder where they get it.... So the Lord has placed on my heart the perfection of my children for me, myself and I. Hence why they were given to me to tend and care for and raise up in the way they should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment